Throwback travel diary :)
MH 154, Kl-Dubai-Dammam Seat no 41K,
I was placed just besides the small window, so close to the winglet.
As the aircraft was ascending to almost 40,000ft above the ground, I calmly told myself, I'll be just fine I had a sleepless evening.
The mesmerizing thunder and lightning from the sky left me flabbergasted. They were beautiful and out of the world.
I was drowned in my own imagination.
Subahanallah. "So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny?-Ar-Rahman, (The Beneficent) 55:13
6hours transit frm Dubai to Dammam-
I just realized the empty seat besides me was now occupied.
Before I could guess his whereabout, he greeted me with a smile.
'Assalamualaikum sister. Where are you from?' 'Waalaikumussalam. I'm from Malaysia. Travelling alone too?'
The conversation ended as we bid each other adieu at the arrival hall of Dammam King Fahd airport.
Ali, a 16 y/o boy from Sydney.
He said he wanted to visit Riyadh, Saudi's capital. And of course, Mecca and Medina are just a few miles away .
I was awestrucked by his intelligence.
The world is a beautiful place to sightsee, but if we can't see it with our eyes, then we are meant to understand it with our heart.
People pay lots of money just to tread the globe, but what do they see besides beauty & architecture?
What do they bring back besides pictures & memories?
'When I travel, I wanted to be able to feel the presence of God, the mighty power of God that I remember how little and powerless I am as His servant.
I wanted the beauty, the architecture, the pictures & the memories to make me a better person in every edge of endless possibilities, and a thankful servant of Allah.'
I thanked him & at that moment, I know God sent an angel to guide my soul.
There are still so many far-fetched dreams I dare to dream, so many bumpy roads I ought to travel, & so many setbacks in between.
No matter what we are in this world, or who we will become in future, we are nobody without His blessings, and an empty soul without His forgiveness Let the road take us where it wants & let qada' and qadar be.
"To Allah we belong and to Him is our return."
-eshastella
No comments:
Post a Comment